This is a practical hands-on seminar to convey effective methods to plan and conduct user acceptance testing. This is one of the few UAT training courses available that teaches a non-technical and easily learned process for testing computer systems from a business process perspective. This software testing training course deals with testing issues from both the process and human perspectives.
You will learn the terminology, the unique issues, and the process for performing user acceptance testing. As a result of attending this seminar, you should have a good working knowledge of what it takes to plan and conduct a very effective user acceptance test in your own organization.
User acceptance testing does not need to be overwhelming and
intimidating. Learn the issues and processes for effectively testing
business processes by attending this hands-on course.
Structured User Acceptance Testing will help you become more comfortable
and confident in designing and performing a test that models how an
organization will use a particular application to conduct business. You
will emerge from this two-day session knowing how to develop test
scenarios, test scripts and test cases. You will also have a working
knowledge of how to coordinate all of the aspects of a user acceptance
test into a smoothly flowing test.
Whether you are planning to test vendor-developed or in-house developed
applications, the process and techniques covered in this course can
enable you to identify the most effective tests and maintain a high
level of test coverage.
This course takes about 16 hours to complete, including exercises. The narrated slide shows total about 8 hours.
Features and Benefits
- Lifetime access to the course!
- A complete set of printable course notes in Flash format, which includes pictures
of all slides, checklists, examples and templates.
- These are the same
materials that students get in our live courses.
- Streaming slide show presentations of each module in Flash Shockwave
movies which allows you to advance or review the presentation to see
- This slide show is narrated by Randy Rice, just like he
would in a physical class, except without all of his bad jokes.
- Exercises in each module, with sample solutions with which to compare
- There are links that allow you to try your test cases on
a sample application.
- Templates and examples in electronic format.
- Streaming video clips of supplemental topics, such as taking a tour of a
test lab, how to perform regression testing, etc.
- Access to the instructor via e-mail, chat sessions, and message boards.
Access to other students to share experiences via chat rooms and message
- Certificate of completion upon completion of the course and submission
of your evaluation.
Return on Investment
Who Will Benefit
Learn how to find costly and embarrassing problems before your
customers find them.
- Learn a proven process for designing a test that models your
business, not what's on paper.
- Understand the key issues in dealing with the people issues of
- Learn how to design tests that adequately cover your business
processes and the people and things you process through your business
- Get the most out of your existing investment in testing and how to
leverage that investment for user acceptance testing.
- Advance your career by broadening your testing expertise.
- Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Plan an acceptance test for any size computer system
- Identify test cases that will simulate real-life conditions
- Determine if a system meets acceptance criteria
- Track the progress of an acceptance test
- Deal with the many issues and attitudes encountered during a typical acceptance test.
- Write informative test reports
- End-users and customers of software
- Test analysts
- Software vendors
The program requires no IT knowledge or experience. Prior testing or QA
knowledge is not a pre-requisite.
This course can also be presented at your location. Contact us for
information about how to bring this course into your organization.